• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7 saum , h1000, Berger 168 vld data?

smokinbobf4

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
Having some trouble finding the exact info I am looking for. I did go to Hodgdon data and found starting is 64 and max is 67 I believe. That was for a different bullet but same weight. I’m assuming that’s ok? I did look on the 7 saum page in the reloading room here and for some reason it won’t let me go to any page but the first one. Any one know or have a Berger book to loo up that info? Have a proof 22” prefit for an origin, Remington brass, trying 210m primers first and am going with h1000 for now.

Yes, approximate bullet weights are close enough, start low and work up.

Yes, approximate bullet weights are close enough, start low and work up.
Thanks! That’s what I usually do but for some reason I second guessed this time. Hard to find the right info on this combo.

Hope you found a good load. But figured I'd comment with my experience the other day. Hodgdon says starting charge of 64. Whenever working with new components I reduce charge weights by 10% and go up. So I started at 58 and went up in increments of 0.5 til I started feeling heavy bolt lift at 65 (and I was crunching powder pretty hard with H1000). So then I did a ladder test starting at 63 and working up in 0.2 increments up to 65. I found a node at 63.4 and 64.3. The 64.3 had a slight powder crunch and the 63.4 was better anyway with an SD of 5 and ES of 11. It's tough to fit that much H1000 in a SAUM case.

Thanks! I did get a good load. 66 grains of h1000. There is a bit of crunching but not bad. It had zero pressure signs and great es/sd, and accuracy. I have 110 rounds through it and am getting about 2977fps. I am extremely happy with that as I think that is about the fastest I have seen out of that barrel length while looking on line. Personally I think rl23 would maybe be the ticket though but I doubt I will find any of that. Tried h4350 also, good accuracy but the speed just wasn’t there.