• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7 SAUM

Re: 7 SAUM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAT5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the 7 SAUM run the 180vld's in a S/A out of AICS mags? 2850fps in a 26in? if not whats the guess on 168 vld speeds at mag length?
Thanks,
Kyle </div></div>

I used AICS mags with my 300 Rem SAUM which my buddy (Tribe here on the Hide) now owns. He bent the magazine lips out a bit and the 300 Rem SAUM cartridges run smooth as butter out of this mag. I'm guessing that <span style="font-weight: bold">if</span> you were to have any problems with a non-modified mag, that doing a little feed lip bending will cure what ails you.

I just ran some "Quick" numbers and the answer I came up with is that using in the neighborhood of 57 grains of Reloader 19 you will get +2850fps muzzle with the 180 VLD's. Using the 168 grain VLD's you can get about 3000 fps with proper (safe!) load development.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LiteTac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kyle,

They will do that and a little more with the 180's. You will have to remove the plate on the mag. or run the Accurate Mag. WSM magazines. The barrel will also have to be throated properly to reach its potential.

Read this article.

http://www.6mmbr.com/7mm284.html </div></div>

LiteTac has the better answer!

Hi it will do what you want plus more the case is the best ballanced 7mm i have ever used amasing. with a short throat try H4831SC and H1000 if it is throated out they will be temp stable and give you great velocities.

I use them in my model7 22" barrel and am getting hte velocities you are after with plenty to spare.

Wild Bill,
That is just the thing I'd really like to do, a 22in berrel. This AICS is heavy with a 26in on it now.
I think my shootin partner pm'd you about a reamer for this, we are building 2 of them.
Long range deer,swine and steel.
Has anyone ever killed anything with a JLK? I know the Bergers work. That is my interest in 7mm over 6.5

Cat,

If you don’t have the receiver yet build it on a LA and reap the benefits. Free bore of .170" lets you seat the 180's out of the donut region. 2,950 is very realistic and easy on the brass.

SA for WSM's are a pain in the ass and make you seat the bullet way too deep. Ejection of a loaded round is the biggest PITA in the whole deal.

+1 on what William said. A long action is the best way to utilize all that case has to offer. I went with a 7WSM just because I felt like remington might abandon the saum all together. The saum is the more efficient of the two.

+2 on what William said and +1 on Cheyenne19's comments regarding teh long action.

If you go SAUM, but a ton of brass up front (as in 1,000 pieces or more) and then don't worry about it at all from then on.

JeffVN