• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7 Ultramag Loads

idahoshooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Idaho
Do share. Thinking RL-25 or H-1000, any ideas? Looking to shoot the 162 sst or the 168 berger, and possibly load up some 139's for a deer load. Thanks.

Re: 7 Ultramag Loads

The 162 Amax has a higher BC than the 168 Berger. If you're going to shoot the 160 class bullets I'd go with the Amax over the Berger. The 180 Berger is probably what you want to look at for the heavy long range bullet since that case has SO MUCH capacity.

The 180 JLK is another bullet I'd seriously consider since the JLK quality is extraordinary and the BC of that bullet is unmatched

Re: 7 Ultramag Loads

The amax look sweet, but do you have any experience shooting game with it? From what Ive seen it is not a hunting bullet. If I can fling the 180 berger hunting vld's (Im right on the edge for twist ) I will but Im going to steal a couple from a buddy and load them up before I buy a box.