• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing #7 vs sendero varmiter question

padronanniversary

Sergeant
Minuteman
My understanding is that the varmiter contour is a tad bit bigger in diameter at the base at 1.235 vs the #7 which is 1.20. Is this correct in that I can simply sand away a little to make a varmiter barrel profile fit a #7 ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Re: #7 vs sendero varmiter question

Depends on mfg of the barrel. Look up the contour specs on mfg's site.

Yes, you can just sand away material in front of the lug and forward to make it work if the new barrel is bigger.

#7 from which barrel maker, My factory heavy barrel was a tad larger where it met the action, like 1.25 or something. My M24/M40 contour Rock is 1.2. I dont know if that helps.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is just a remington. Got a MCM stock for a #7 and have a 40x 22lr coming (sporter vartmiter), and want to just understand what will be required on my part.

thanks in advance, u guys rock !</div></div>

Don't sand a thing....just bed it and shoot it. It'll be ready to roll.

If anything you'll have a little extra room around the barrel channel, but that's not a bad thing.