• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 7 WSM barrel life

Re: 7 WSM barrel life

That's very low count. Was thinking about a 7 mm WSM. May have to reconsider that thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawhornsoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1500-2000 is pretty good. Thought it would have been less. </div></div>

George shot the norcal match last year with 2800 rounds and took 3rd place, enough said...

Depends on how hot your loads are too. If you are pushing 180's at 3050+ fps, then yah its not going to give you too much barrel life. at 2900-2950 I would think 2000-2500 rounds is a decent goal.

Im going with a 28" tube for my 7WSM so I can set it back once to 26" before I need a new tube. I figure with one setback and 4000-5000 round barrel life it aint too bad.

7SAUM will give you better barrel life, but I hate Remington brass more than Winchester so Im going with a real WSM.

I have 1,650+ through my 7WSM now, and its still doing well. I don't expect to get too much more with it, but then again I shoot it til its very hot rountinely in F-Class (23-25 rounds in 18 minutes or so; rest an hour then do it again);

That is also why I have a second barrel sitting in my garage as we speak so that I have no down time between threading off one barrel and threading on its replacement.
smile.gif

JeffVN