• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7 WSM on Dillon 550 Xtra large powder die needed

Re: 7 WSM on Dillon 550 Xtra large powder die needed

It would be best as the standard powder thrower has around 60gr Max of powder that it can throw.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you need an extra large powder die to reload the 7 WSM on a 550?
Thanks I will call them tomarrow just wondering
Bill </div></div>

You need to be clear on the language.

There is a magnum powder die, that your powder measure bolts onto. You probalby don't need to buy this longer powder die for the 7 short mag, because, well...it's short.

Dillon, as the other fellow mentions, sells a magnum powder bar which has a larger opening, but still works with the standard powder measure. You will probalby need to buy one of these.

Furthermore, Dillon makes an entire magnum powder measure, for the untra large magnum carts, but I don't think that you need to go this route.

Get the magnum powder bar, not the magnum powder die.

Chris

Sorry the diameter of the brass is bigger than the i.d of the powder funnel
so I need a larger I.D on the funnel
is this a magnum? powder die?

Sorry was not thinking of the die just the measure. You would need the larger diameter powder die and the larger diameter powder funnel to go with it. Also you will need the larger volume powder bar or get the larger powder thrower.

The Powder funnel, cartridge specific specific shellplate and locator buttons are available for $42.95. For Exotic calibers, $51.95.

Powder dies are $9.95 each.

The magnum bar alone, for the powder measure assembly, is $26.95.

Tool heads are $19.95 each.

So if you are contemplating loading the 7mmWSM you'll need to provide the magnum powder bar for your measure, the cartridge specific funnel for an existing powder die (or an additional one), a tool head for your dies, and the correct shellplate and pins for the case head size (diameter). Most people have dedicated tool heads for specific calibers.

Many case heads are common so certain base plates can be used for other cases i.e., one size can be used for, .308, 30-06, .270, 8mm Mauser, .45 acp, 30-30, etc., with the same buttons. Others are red headed step children!

The various part numbers specific to individual cartridges are listed in the Dillon press manuals or the friendly sales people will walk you through it.

Sorry if you knew this already.

Thanks to all of you , yes dillon has a Magnum Poeder die for the 7 WSM the standard is too small the you will get the casing stuck in it .
Appreciate the help
Bill

Sorry for OT.... any link where is it possible to order the Giraud case trimmer ? I'm from Italy.

thanks

thanks
smile.gif

With Dillon it's easy. Talk to them, they will set you up. In my experience they have the best customer service I've seen.