• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 7 WSM repeater?

Shireman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2007
OKC
GOt a 7 WSM project getting closer. Going with a long action so that I can feed it w/ the 168 & 180's. Probably going to use an AI mag.
Has anyone seen feeding issues with the longer bullets?
I figure I might have to play with the feed ramps to get it just right or maybe go with a short throated reamer?
I would like to hear of anyone's success.

Re: 7 WSM repeater?

talk to Jered at APA. He runs his on a long action from AI mags, if I recall corectly.

JeffVN

I have the same question about building a 300 WSM. If you find out if the long action is the way to go, please let me know.

The long action simply gives you the ability to set the case up correctly to maximize it's performance. Both will work but if accuracy was my ultimate goal I would choose the long action personally.

Hey Jered. Thanks for popping in and giving us the benefit of your experience and advice.

JeffVN

Thanks for info guys.

I believe it is going to be a long action.

I am running a long action with 7mm WSM, and using AI 300 Win Mag magazines. The Mag "lips" had to be oppened up a bit to allow the fat WSM cartridge to fit. Feeds without any issues.