• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7 WSM with 175 SMK

Re: 7 WSM with 175 SMK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The BC is a fair bit lower, don't know why you'd want to. </div></div>
I agree,I would either be looking at the 162gr Amax,or the 180gr. Berger.I use the 162gr Amax out of my 7WSM,it shot so well,I never bothered trying anything else.

Too Tall -

Nope. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.
smile.gif

I thought I sent you that link before on the Hunting site. Another place to look is 6mmbr.com forum, they have a section on Reloading and the 7WSM in particular....

Jeffvn

While the BC may be lower, the 175 SMK is nothing to sneeze at. I picked up a couple thousand for a good price and shoot them regularly. I've shot sub 1/2 moa back to 900 with them, and its only 7.6 mils to get to 1000.

Don't get me wrong, IMO taking BC and price into consideration, the 162 AMAX is now my pill of choice, but a 175 smk at 2900fps gets the job done.