• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 7 year old Son's first kill/buck

TXBRASS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2009
Shiner, TEXAS
One proud dad right now. Took my 7 year old son hunting this morning and he took this fine buck as his first kill ever. He did everything other than me stabilizing the forend on the wooden window frame of the blind. 75 yard shot and he hit the deer right in the base of the neck at the shoulder dropping him in his tracks.
His smile says it all....

9C0BE881-1BA1-4163-99A4-A941F548DE5A-10159-000009779753B4F9_zps27c2c029.jpg

priceless moment-I still remember my sons first deer. enjoy the moment and mount the trophy to remember the day

Save that pic,you'll really cherish it when you are both older. Can't wait till my 2 y.o. Gets old enough to start going with me. Congrats!

Awesome! Congrats!

Poor kid. Probably likes to be in the woods and help dad fix the truck instead of playing on the Nintendo. Shame these kids are so neglected.

Ryan

Last edited:
One of the coolest after-the-fact things was the ownership he took over the rifle. I just finished his .308 bolt gun but he's still too small to shoot it and figured that because he scored his first deer with the AR that it should be his. My only answer was, "one day son....one day"...

That is awesome! My wife is expecting our first, and I can't wait for this moment years down the road.