• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing 700 5r X-mark trigger?

joelsa58

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
ft. bragg, nc
Not a big fan of the x-mark! I liked the older remington triggers i.e. my 700 ltr bought 5 years ago! Any suggestions on a comprable trigger for $100 or less?

Re: 700 5r X-mark trigger?

The older Remmy triggers pop up for sale here very regularlly.
You could try the standard 40x trigger and is much easier to adjust , only cavet is the trigger can only be aquired from Remington by an FFL
$80 retail

Ive shot only 4 rounds out my 5r. Only thing that bothers me is the screw cause i got it set to 3lbs. But im going to an aftermarket trigger and little bastard muzzle break next year on it

I really like Jewell triggers and use them on most of my Remingtons; however, I have a Shilen trigger on one of my rifles that is quite nice for the cost. They come int two models - standard and competition. Brownell's gets $100 for the standard(1/2 to 3#) and $156 for the competition(2-6oz). I have the standard and am quite happy with it.

i have CGs on my rifles, they are tits once they are set to your liking. But be fore warned 2 stages arent for everyone

You can get a Timney for a tad over $100, best trigger for the money INHO. I have 2, both adjusted down to 1# (by me) and they both work very well!