• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700 LTR double feeding

Ritten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2007
Houma, Louisiana
With the exception of a rifle basix trigger, and AZ Prec. bolt knob I have a bone stock 700 LTR that I use for a hunting rifle. The gun will group reloaded 165 TSX's in a quarter size hole all day long so I really don't want to mess with the action too much right now. The problem I'm having is that when ejecting either spent brass or full rounds the next round in the magazine jumps up in the receiver and the bolt will try to load the round below it if pushed forward....double feeding. It's not a constant problem but rather intermittent and seems to happen more regularly if I'm running hard on the bolt for a follow up shot. It does it with new/reloaded brass of all makes and the rounds are loaded to 2.810". I'll stack 4 rounds in the mag and they go in fine. It also does not matter how many I have in the magazine for it to happen.

I'm thinking perhaps the feed lips on the metal shroud need to be bent in a bit, but figured I'd see if anyone has corrected the issue before. I really like an internal BDL mag due to the weight savings and the stock remmy set up seems to be the lightest otherwise I'd be using it as the perfect excuse for a BO M5.

Re: 700 LTR double feeding

If your running a factory BDL there is no feed lips to bend they are part of the action.

Most likely you have a crapy follower and or spring. If you have a stamped pot metal follower replace it with the machined version. If this doesn’t fix the issue replace the spring.

If for some reason you have the factory mag system, get rid of it, its crap.

That being said any reason to go to an AICS mag system may be a good reason.