• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700 LTR trigger

Sherman

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2011
Iowa
Hey

I picked up a 700 LTR at the local gun show about a month ago. Rifle was listed as new in box, and I think it was. The bolt and reciever had absolutely NO signs of wear, I don't think it had been cycled more than a couple dozen times, and was completely clean, no carbon residue. I got it home and took it apart to clean it when I noticed it has a Rifle Basix trigger installed. This piqued my interest a bit, so I tried to find something about it online, to no avail. My question is whether Remington ever ships their rifles with aftermarket triggers installed? I don't think they do, but thought I'd ask the more knowledgable. Thanks!

Re: 700 LTR trigger

Not to my knowledge man.

Now if it had an older style trigger I could understand... but not an aftermarket.

Yeah I've never heard of them using an aftermarket trigger, there were some done with various factory remington triggers as the older style, 40x, etc.

It could be someone upgraded it and never really shot it much if at all, or a lot of guys mess triggers up screwing them them these days so perhaps that was the case and they replaced it with the rifle basix.

You could call Remington and ask if they would do this.

If you know any shops that have a borescope take it in and have the barrel looked at.

If its in perfect condition, and you picked it up for cheap with the trigger then dont sweat it.

Take a pic of it, does it look like this?
Guns982.jpg

Looks like this:

[img:left][/img]

Trigger pull is very light, not sure which model it is, but the pull is probably around or maybe less than a pound.

I bought it off a vendor. The info saying it's new is written on the factory box. He's a pretty good guy to deal with, perhapse he made a mistake. Only other thing I can figure is someone bought it, put the trigger in it and the cheap two piece weaver bases on it (just remembered those) then sold it back as like new. I picked it up for $700 so I'm not complaining either way
smile.gif

I purchased a NIB LTR last year, and it has a Rifle Basixs trigger in it. I thought the private individual didn't know what he sold me, but maybe not. Mine had no markings on it, and had to identify it by pictures. Mine was set at 8oz, and I love it!!
003-4.jpg

004-3.jpg