• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 700 monts and rings

troda

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting ready to set up a rem 700 sps tact with a burris fullfield 2.
Any thoughts on mounts? One piece or two? standard or raised? How bout the rings low med or high.
Stock is factory, tube size is 1". Also looking for input on brands of mounts and rings.

Re: 700 monts and rings

Welcome to the hide troda, This has been covered a few times here but being as the search isn't the best in the world I'll cut ya some slack
wink.gif
To really help you out we need to know how large your budget is first and foremost and secondly what size is your objective?

p.s. definately go with the 1pc. mount.

Some on here would argue that! According to some people 1000 times more knowledgeable than me; behind the lugs the action could be made out of marshmellows! Some also say that unless properly bedded 1 pc base induces stress? Pick the one you like!

My budget is variable. I dont mind spending if thats what it takes. Hate buying twice.
My objective at this point is 200yd prone and bench. My range has up to 200. Not sure what else is out there in my area. Rifle is chambered in 223. I choose this because I reload and have all components already.
Last consideration is I'll prob upgrade stock in the near future. Looking at the B&C tactical, but thats a story for a different thread. Problem is If I do I assssume I would have to change mount heights.
Thanks Tom

Tom you would not have to change mount or rings if you just change the stock. If you change barrel to a different contour then maybe.

New stock may affect cheek weld which may/may not require different ring heights....just sayin'

if money isnt a factor, then id say badger base and rings. I go with the low. And given that it is a 223 i would say that you would be fine with a 0 MOA base.

I used a EGW 1 piece base with millet ring works very well and dosent break the bank

+1 for badger ordnance

And as far as the 1pc vs. 2pc base goes I'm not gonna delve into that one.. I personally prefer 1pc bases. And as far as 1pc bases inducing stress I'm pretty sure any base that isn't bedded properly wether it be 1pc or 18pc could induce stress. Could be wrong about that tho. I'm sure a Guru will chime in on this shortly.