• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700 PSS??

gasrat

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2019
SE Kentucky
Haven’t made my mind up on keeping or selling this rifle. Just trying to get some additional information. This, to my knowledge is a 700 PSS from 1996. It has D prefix serial number. The thing throwing me off is the detachable mag. I’ve seen several pictures of others, said to be PSS, but all of them had standard plates on the bottom. Some of the ones I’ve seen are older posts on here. Was this detachable mag an option or what? Any info is appreciated. I might add this rifle has seen very little use based on its condition. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpeg
    IMG_1374.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 33
No that magazine was available a short time. For good reason. It was unreliable and the actions were cut to accept it so if you switch stocks you would be better off going to AICS bottom
Metal.

Reactions: B y r o n
Yeah what Mike said. Also you can’t convert it from Remington DM to BDL because the internal rails won’t capture the follower. You have to go with another DBM kit.

You can use the HS Precision DBM which wouldn’t require any modifications. The caveat is that the magazines are proprietary to HS and expensive. A less expensive no mod option is Wyatt’s DBM but the mags are also proprietary.

With some minor modifications you can make a Magpul Hunter DBM work without messing with the pillar depth on that stock. It allows you to use AICS mags and wouldn’t break the bank.

Going all in would involve getting a nicer M5 footprint DBM and having the stock inlet modified to accept it. It’d take AICS mags but it’s the most expensive option.

Reactions: DJL2
Thanks for the information. Any clue what these rifles are going for these days. I’ve looked on GB but we all know the users on there price em higher than Cootie Brown.

PSS BDL is sought after. PSS with that magazine is hard to sell to anyone who knows about them. They were so bad on our PD rifles we 100mph taped them tight so they would not get sloppy and not feed

But on gunbroker who
Knows. Some collector may want one

Unfortunately it’s also a time the barrels were iffy from Remington

Reactions: gasrat