• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

700 to a Surgeon 591..

netranger6

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Vicoria, Texas
Got out today after picking up my GAP/Surgeon. Old GAP had a trued 700 with 20 MOA BO base. Long story short, my PR 5 x 25 needed mad adjustment to get on paper today. So, I guess the 591's 20 MOA rail is significantly shorter than the BO that was on my 700. Took me resetting about 1.5 mils to get her on paper, and a few more to full zero. Actually, think this may be back or very near to mechanical zero from factory.

Re: 700 to a Surgeon 591..

All barrels have some bend in them too, one may have been pointing a little down....the other a little up.....

Lots of varibles, but it's all pretty interesting.

Yeah, I doubt that is it. More probable that the 591 integral rail is not as tall as the BO. Either way it surprised me. Same rings, same scope.

It's not unusual. You'll go through the same thing when you replace your barrel.

Seems normal to me. Its more unusual to see rifles with same POI when a scope is swapped from one rifle to another... or at least it is to me anyway.