• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 700 Trigger tune questions...

TexanAviator

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Houston
I have decided after dry-firing and speaking with a few friends that I am going to stick with the OEM Remington trigger. At this point since I have the X-Mark, should I try and find the older style trigger?

I have done extensive searching on here and found a few people using Neil Jones Custom Products for their OEM trigger tuning at a pretty nice price. I want 100% function, dirty or not, cleaned with lighter fluid or not. It has to work.

Anyhow, I would appreciate some advice concerning whether to go with keeping the X-Mark, getting the older style trigger which I hear is a bit wider, and also other smith options besides what I have found and heard about Neil.

Thanks!

Re: 700 Trigger tune questions...

You can get a factory trigger dirty enough to not work, seen it. I would assume you could get any trigger dirty enough to not work though...

The one I seen had sand between the (disconnector ?)and it would trip with the SLIGHTEST touch, then eventually it just would not reset.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Accraholic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get a factory trigger dirty enough to not work, seen it. I would assume you could get any trigger dirty enough to not work though...

The one I seen had sand between the (disconnector ?)and it would trip with the SLIGHTEST touch, then eventually it just would not reset. </div></div>

In that case I better retrofit a Glock trigger somehow

I kid, I kid

haha

Any more comments whether the xmark or the pre-xmark would be best to go with greatly appreciated. I hear GAP can do magical things with these. Wonder how much they run.

This is a 100% drop in part, correct?

Stock work is required if you install a pre 2006/std OEM Rem trigger group in place of an X Mark Pro trigger group.
Material has to be removed fwd of the tang screw hole to allow safety operation.

How many pre 2006/standard trigger groups do you need??
What is your pull weight preference??
I have 30 or 40 if interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DANS40X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stock work is required if you install a pre 2006/std OEM Rem trigger group in place of an X Mark Pro trigger group.
Material has to be removed fwd of the tang screw hole to allow safety operation.

How many pre 2006/standard trigger groups do you need??
What is your pull weight preference??
I have 30 or 40 if interested. </div></div>

Yea, but he won't sell any of his lefties!
grin.gif