• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700 XCR Compact Tactical question

danelizer

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2009
Hey everyone. I bought a new Remington model 700 XCR Compact Tactical in .308 Win. I then purchased a scope mount kit for the Leupold scope. When I took the plugs out of the receiver I noticed the first hole toward the barrel looked a little shallow. When I installed the scope mount the screw bottoms out before the mount tightens up. The other three holes work ok. Is this normal or did the factory not drill it deep enough? Any ideas how to handle this? Thanks for any help.

Re: 700 XCR Compact Tactical question

There should be 3 lengths of screws, short, shorter, and shortest. the shortest goes in the front hole, shorter in the one behind it, then the 2 the same length go in the back 2 holes.

Wow! How did I miss that. Thanks, I'll look at it again.

All the screws were the same size. So I ground down two of them and they fit like they should. I'm on my way to being a Gunsmith.
grin.gif