• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700 xcr lrt 300 win mag

tim_xcr

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
ny
hey all im new to the forum and am getting into longer range shooting i am planing on getting a rem 700 xcr lrt in 300 mag (getting great deal on nib aroung 600) and was wondering if anyone has any experiance with the rifle pros and cons any input you guys can give me would be great im looking to shoot 400 to 600 yards as that is the limitation of my land so i thought this would be a good enough rifle for the job

Re: 700 xcr lrt 300 win mag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tim_xcr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey all im new to the forum and am getting into longer range shooting i am planing on <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">getting a rem 700 xcr lrt in 300 mag (getting great deal on nib aroung 600)</span></span> and was wondering if anyone has any experiance with the rifle pros and cons any input you guys can give me would be great im looking to shoot 400 to 600 yards as that is the limitation of my land so i thought this would be a good enough rifle for the job </div></div>

That's awesome deal. Where do you get that? Would you like to share the info?

In terms of the rifle, I had the same rifle in 308 however. Overall, I really like the rifle and its accuracy out of the box. My friend also likes his as well. So serious complaint. Could use a better stock and perhaps a DBM, but then again, who doesn't want one.

I am just wondering, 300 win mag at 300 - 600 yards is a lot of gun for that. Dont get me wrong. The "must have factor" can be very strong at time. Just wondering about the costs to shoot it that's all. Of course, it eats a bit more powder than a 308 caliber. Will you be using for hunting also? Please don't be offended if I ask "Have you shoot long range before?" Reason is, sending enough rounds down range to be comfortable behind the stick can be expensive with a 300 win mag. I'm just saying...

Re: 700 xcr lrt 300 win mag

im getting into it been shooting 200 yards with a 204 ruger and would like to build up to longer ranges i may use it for elk next year but not deer (OVER KILL)