• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700P Bolt Lift Handle thread direction

Milspec00

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2024
Texas
Hello all, I recently picked up this 700P from a local face to face deal. It has extensive modifications, however my question is the direction of the bolt lift handle threads

I didn’t think 700P’s came with this bolt so not sure of from factory or added later.

Based on the pic of this bolt handle, is it first of all removable, and if so, is it a right thread pitch or left threaded?

I have an Area 419 lift handle and I cannot get this current handle off. I’ve tried a monkey wrench and a leather strip for protection, I’ve tried a workbench vice with leather, doesn’t budge. I soaked the handle under hot water for a minute and tried the vice with no luck.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Being my first post, this was the build list:
Blueprinted 700P in 300WM bedded in HS Precision stock
Proof sendero profile 24” 1:10
Trigger tech primary
419 hellfire
Nightforce ATACR 5-25 MOAR
Badger rings
Seekins rail
Harris BRS bipod

500 rounds on the original 5r barrel, 80 through the proof, apparently it likes 200gr ELD the best. Haven’t fired it yet.

Attachments

• IMG_5071.jpeg
    IMG_5071.jpeg
    503.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5072.jpeg
    IMG_5072.jpeg
    430.7 KB · Views: 74
More heat, padded vice and twist. It’ll come off

Problem solved, it just had a record amount of loctite on it. I ran it under scalding water for a couple minutes then used a padded table vice grip with the knob in the vice, came right off.

Attachments

• IMG_5088.jpeg
    IMG_5088.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5087.jpeg
    IMG_5087.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Terry Cross