• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700p?

chadg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
foothills of the ozarks.
Yesterday i went to a gun show in a tiny town in alton mo.The only thing i saw of interest was(and dont quote me on this)a 20"fluted heavy barreled remmy 700.I beleive it was in some kind of hs precision stock.The stock being od green.They tried to tell me it was new but you could tell it had a scope mounted at one time or another.
Now can anyone tell me if this is a 700p the twist was 1-12.And im sure 1150$dollars is entirely to much for this rifle right?

Re: 700p?

it was an LTR and yes 1150 was extremely high, they can be had new for around 800-950ish

If it was heavy fluted and in a OD Green stock, it was most likely a XCR Compact. Although it could be a LTR in a different stock.

If it was a NEW XCR Compact, that price is about right. If it was used, then it's high. If it was an LTR then it's WAY high.

The XCR is a stainless action and barrel that had been blackened. So it is a little more pricey.

Ltr roger that.I would have bought it if i could have got him to come down some.The wife was with me and all she would let me spend was 750$ lol.But he was insistent on 1150 so i had to walk.
But it sure was a nice looking rifle.My NF f1 would have looked sweet on it........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it was heavy fluted and in a OD Green stock, it was most likely a XCR Compact. Although it could be a LTR in a different stock.

If it was a NEW XCR Compact, that price is about right. If it was used, then it's high. If it was an LTR then it's WAY high.

The XCR is a stainless action and barrel that had been blackened. So it is a little more pricey. </div></div>

I really am not to familar with remington tacticals.It was heavy fluted in a od stock.The guy that was selling it was more concerned trying to sell a cheap ass sigma pistol than awnser any of my questions.Oh well he missed out on a cash buyer if he would have dealt with me....

If it was an 700P LTR, the price is way too high, and the stock is the wrong stock. The LTR has a HS Precision stock in black and should cost +/- $925ish. I just bought one about a month ago for $915.

It does, however, have the 20" heavy fluted barrel. Nice gun too.