• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Thread starter Deleted member 188725
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188725

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve spent plenty of time on the phone and e-mail with manners. Nothing but great customer service.

Is it possible the gunsmith is the weak link? Did he order the stock or did you? Is there an outstanding bill floating around somewhere?

Reactions: Redvanes
Also, unlike many other players in the industry, Manners is not shy about telling you what their lead times are. They build a great product and it's popular for a reason. That popularity means that sometimes it takes a while to get it into your hands.

That said, if I'm ordering a stock direct from any of the top manufacturers, I don't expect to get it in 6 months. The stock is (almost) always the long pole in a build.

My gunsmith ordered a manners long range hunter stock last February for me for a build he is doing for me. I was told it would take 6 months. August came around and no stock. I emailed manners in September and they assured me it would be at my gunsmith in 2 weeks. 4 weeks later, no stock. I emailed them in October. Again they said it would be to my gunsmith in 2 weeks. Now it’s January and still no stock. My gunsmith indicates it’s because I “called them” even though only I emailed them. He said we don’t have the stock because I called them. He also said he has other stocks he hasn’t received from them because I “called them.” Anyone else have this experience? I’m out $3100 in parts now and no hunting rifle. Anyone else have any experiences like this? Anyone have any suggestions?
Hi lamjh, please pm me your build number and contact info, ill get my hands on it monday am and ping u rightback.

Also please forward me your gunsmith contact information. We do not push orders back. If i had a employee that would push a order like that he or she would not be a employee. Wow way to much miss information.

Thank you

Last edited:
I ordered a LRH in Back in Black with a Sendero Lite barrel contour in late May, it arrived yesterday.

Sounds like your Gunsmith is being less than honest, never heard of a manufacturer "punishing" a customer because they asked for an update on an order.

Manners is as good or better than anyone in the industry that I’ve had experience with. I have had to deal with a real shady gunsmith before though.