• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Thread starter Deleted member 188725
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188725

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the ARC M-Brace rings on 30mm & 34mm scopes ranging from $800 to $3,800... They are exceptional rings. The hype is real. No issues, no slippage, no ring marks. Just torque both the ring screws and base clamp screws to 55 inch-pounds, and you won't have any issues. This is the torque spec ARC recommends for the M-Brace rings.

I used to use nothing but Seekins Precision, and they are excellent rings, but the ARC M-Brace rings are better, IMO. And leveling a scope in them is SUPER quick and easy. The scope doesn't shift left and right when torquing the ring caps. Because of the design, it just stays put exactly where you set the scope with the level on it, when you torque them down.

If you don't have a good torque wrench, get one. It will be your best friend when it comes to installing optics.

I've been using a Wheeler FAT Wrench for about 15 years, but last year I bought some Fix-It-Sticks, and I haven't looked back. The Wheeler hardly ever gets used.

I echo the prev poster’s experiences with the rings.

For me, the big big big draw is that the separate rings have four total bolts (incl. base bolts) vs some brands that have 16!!! Looking at you, one-piece Spuhr.

And like previously mentioned, there’s no damn scope twisting in the mount or fastidiously trying to maintain an even gap between the ring & ring base.

If you buy —> Pro-tips:
  1. DO follow the directions to a T.
  2. LUBE. Unlike all other rings I’ve come across, ARC wants you to both LIGHTLY lube the bolt threads and also where the bolt’s inner face touches the rings. Apparently, this is to have a predictable torque value vs. a dry surface’s more unpredictable one.
  3. PUSH THE HINGE PINS IN. After you’ve determined everything gtg but before you’ve started tightening, make sure you check each of the four hinge pins. Sucks to have to loosen, push pins in, and start over.
  4. DON’T WORRY ABOUT 55 in/lbs. Ted, the owner of ARC, has explained that the torque value is so high because you’re doing the work of 4 to 6 bolts with just one.
The rings are awesome (and so is the one-piece mount).

Reactions: Ichi
Same as above, I have switched to ARC rings on all my scoped guns and they are great. Easy to set up and hold rock solid.

I use the ARC rings with Mark 5 scopes on two .308s and two 6.5CM custom rifle. They are perfect.