• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 737r action measurements

Leatherlunger

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2012
Hi gents was wondering if any gunsmith here would be willing to post a couple of measurements for an impact 737r. The measurements i am looking for are:

1) Receiver face to bolt face
2) Receiver face to bolt nose face
3) Receiver face to front bolt lug face

I have the tenon dimensions from impact just wondering if anyone would mind measuring there action and giving me those specs. I have an old trued 700 with a .250 lug that is looking pretty close to the tenon prints.

Additionally if you post measurements, please provide what measuring method you used so I can weigh that into your response

Would it be possible to get a measurement from receiver face to interior lug seat as well? Im toying with the idea of buying an impact bolt for my rem receiver. Going to try and see if i can reverse engineer extraction timing and see if it could work.

Id agree mostly, sometimes i see a few used on here for not too much money though🤙 I have been through enough various take off barrels over the years and have enough different lug thicknesses to account for headspace variance that finding good take off barrels still makes sense for receivers that still work and arent worth a dime to get rid of. My AI is my pride at the range but too heavy to lug around in the hills. my remingtons are my beaters for everything else🤙 Talked to mack bros and may try out one of their bolts down the road. If i get lucky they may work out dimensionally for my needs. If not i have some ramages still!