• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

737R reaction rod needed?

1jonathan1994

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Laurel, MS
I need to swap barrels on my Impact 737R. But I left the reaction rod 3 hours away.
I can get to a barrel vice.
Can I use the chassis and spuhr mount for leverage or do I risk breaking something?
Main priority is removing the current barrel. I can torque the replacement later.

I need to swap barrels on my Impact 737R. But I left the reaction rod 3 hours away.
I can get to a barrel vice.
Can I use the chassis and spuhr mount for leverage or do I risk breaking something?
Main priority is removing the current barrel. I can torque the replacement later.

Maybe taking the BA off the chassis (trigger off too) and using the lug as the hold instead? Its machined in so wont go anywhere. That way you dont risk bending the action screws.

The 737r has flat sides so, there's that option. Just get a big enough adjustable wrench.

Is this a joke, that we in the southern hemisphere do not undetstand?
Cheers
Pete
I honestly don't know if 737R was meant to only be torqued using only the reaction rod.
I can easily put a wrench on the action body but wanted to make sure that was fine.

Mate, wait and get the wrench..... How pissed will you be if something slips/torques. Do you know the ft/ib's that the current barrel has been torqued to?
Just so many possible bad endings to this scenaro, OR you could get lucky.....
For me, I'd 100% wait
cheers
Pete

Reactions: Stoweit
Soooo photos of the end result???

Dude, wait until you have that action wrench(reaction rods are for ar's). Don't take a chance on rounding a corner on action by using a crescent wrench
I wanna see the end results of using a reaction rod on a 737r bolt action.

The way I look it at it.

You spent that much on a action, whats another 100 bucks for the correct wrench ?

I do not have a 737. My guess is a 700 action wrench is what is needed. If that is the case it is likely as close as the nearest gunsmith shop.

I do not have a 737. My guess is a 700 action wrench is what is needed. If that is the case it is likely as close as the nearest gunsmith shop.
It depends... some are slightly different. I had a ZAP R700 wrench that did not fit my 737. Had to get the actual Impact brand wrench.

Reactions: MakeSawdust
Impact has dual anti bind rails, 700 has a single anti bind rail. It really comes down to the maker of the 700 action wrench, on whether it works or not.