• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

75 Vmax loads - 243 WIN

Quackaddict

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2009
Minnesota
Hey guys, want to post a picture and see what you guys think, I have a 243 I am doing load development for, it has a rem factory barrel and action (for now)

Load info

Lapua Brass
CCI Lg Primer
IMR 4064
Hornaday 75 VMax
COAL length of 2.260 (measured with a comparator)

Starting at the Bottom left and going clockwise ending with the center, 41.0, 41.5, 42.0, 42.3, 42.6

42.0 is listed book max, I am gonna go up in .2 increments until I hit pressure.

ior.jpg

Who has done work with the Vmax bullets? I have them .015 off the lands. When I find the best looking powder charge I will adjust that, what has everyone else been doing with Vmax bullets?

P.S. I shoot three shot groups because of barrel heat and barrel life.

Re: 75 Vmax loads - 243 WIN

your top right group seems to be the best even with the flyer...all the other groups are pretty consistent

i semm to get better results with imr 4895

Here are some of my targets with Hornady 75gr HP's. The V-max shoots pretty much the same in my rifle.

37_6gr204064.jpg

37gr204064.jpg

Terry

I will if these dont show promise, I have been working trying to find that perfect bughole load but this rifle is proving to not wanna shoot anything other than about .75 MOA, this is with 3 powders and 3 bullets and various combos of them....

My rifle likes RE15 with these bullets. I dont have the load data with me but i was getting .5 - .75 moa (5 shots) 100 yds, With a factory barrel. If ur interested in the data pm me and ill send it to you when i get home from work.