• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

75Gr AMAX AND THE BOB SLED MAG?

M_16_4_REAL

RubiconJK
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
Seattle
Just got a sweet deal on 500 hornady 75gr amax's and since there too long for standard ar mags I was thinking I'd pick up a bob sled single round mag rather than butcher a pmag. Anyone have one or use one and feel like giving up some feedback?

Also anyone have any good load data on the amax's for long range (300+ yards)?

Re: 75Gr AMAX AND THE BOB SLED MAG?

You can buy the bobsled and it works as advertised but you won't find it bad to just keep a regular magazine in the rifle and single load. Either works, just the bobsled slightly better.

On my A2 model, I like the bobsled slightly better since my fingers are kind of big and can't get in the port to push the round into the chamber. On my spacegun, the port is larger and it's no problem with either magazine.

You might want to take a file or stone and go around the port and smooth the edges. My A2 had sharp corners and cut my fingers when I tried to stick them in.