• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 762-SD update

colt933

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2009
Tennessee
I've been using a 2008 model 762SD for about a year and a half on an 18" Noveske N6 with AAC blackout, Steyr tactical with 24" barrel and AAC blackout, Colt 7.62x39 16" with AAC blackout, and Rem 700p .300WM 26" and AAC brake. I really like it.

Before I tried it on the .300WM, I called Mike Mers and asked him about it. He said that with my barrel length it should be OK, but that they had experienced some bulged tubes with shorter barrel magnums.

So 3-400 rounds through the .300WM later, the tube is visibly bulged right where the ports are on the AAC brake. I wonder if it might not have happened with the blackout instead of the brake. But the brake works great on the .300WM.

I called Mike and told him about it. He offered to replace my 3-year-old 762SD with a brand new 762-SDN-6 which is a more expensive can, and also to replace all of my old 18t mounts with new 51t mounts, FREE OF CHARGE!! The newer model is a little shorter, but weighs the same and offers the same level of suppression. Also, it has thicker tube walls and will not distort with the additional pressure of the .300WM. Same weight, same suppression, and smaller package = winner to me.

As ATF ruled a while back that manufacturers cannot replace a defective suppressor with a new unit with the same serial number, they must use a new serial number. Consequently, I must pay another $200 tax for the new can.

But the upgrade to the newer, more expensive model offsets my second tax stamp. And I am told the 51t mounts will NOT shoot loose.

Now I know they have a 'lifetime warranty', <span style="font-weight: bold">but this is really pretty good customer service.</span> I have 4 AAC cans now and one pending, and will most likely look at their products in the future. For me, they have always provided the right mix of size, weight, suppression level, and cost.

Re: 762-SD update

That's pretty awesome for them to do that. Kudos to AAC for stepping up. We have killed a few suppressors here at the shop too. Mostly from the M249 SAW and Mike has always taken care of us. He is a true asset to the company!

I have had nothing but great experiences with Mike. Most of the problems with that company come from their upper management, but their front line guys have been nothing but class acts. That's great to hear and I'm sure you will love the new can.

I would upgrade. I had a Titan that was not concentric to the bore and they took it back, destroyed it, built me a new model AND paid my tax stamp for me. I was happy to do the swap.

Mike Mers is a good guy.

That's great. I'm sending my 18T back in for new springs. I'd be extremley happy if they started doing this across the board.