• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

77 gr long term effects

dmg308

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2005
Manassas Va,USA
I have heard that the 77smk loads are pounding on the guns a bit.Does anyone have enough volume shooting this load to comment on this? Is the H2 buffer the answer or are other sreps taken to reduce wear?

Re: 77 gr long term effects

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard that the 77smk loads are pounding on the guns a bit.Does anyone have enough volume shooting this load to comment on this? Is the H2 buffer the answer or are other sreps taken to reduce wear? </div></div>

Are we speaking of the 262 load or reloaded ammo? Most of my AR's are midlength gas, have FA carriers and some have the H buffer. If running a carbine gas system and if these are work guns, seeing some serious use, It's probably more just normal wear relative to its usage rate.

Since you spoke of H2 buffers, I guess we aren't talking about Highpower loads where some are known to hotrod them.

Re: 77 gr long term effects

I've shot out a number of M16 and M4 barrels and 262 doesn't seem to wear out rifles any more than 855 or 193.

Where I see the biggest difference in wear is the flash hider shooting M193 -- seems to be a little more flame/gas cutting on the far end of the slots.