• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

77 hpbt bullet length

kcsmith

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2020
NH
I apologize if its been asked, trying to navigate on a phone with a cracked screen.

Can anyone verify the length of a Sierra 77 hpbt matchking bullet ? Thanks

Yes end to end and if you could, sample 10 of them to see how much variation there is.

Yes end to end and if you could, sample 10 of them to see how much variation there is.
You don’t need a sample of 10 as the variance is immaterial in terms of impact on load performance. Ive had variances of up to .040 cbto using the 77smk in my various ARs with no change in ballistics (drop at given ranges or group size at 100-300m. Besides extent of variance itself can vary from lot to lot, box to box of bullets.

Thanks for the replies. I was given a bag labeled 77 smk and found some oddballs in there. However, if the oal varies as much as.some are saying, the only way to verify would be weight and profile .

Thanks for the replies. I was given a bag labeled 77 smk and found some oddballs in there. However, if the oal varies as much as.some are saying, the only way to verify would be weight and profile .
It still won’t matter unless you are regularly shooting beyond 700 meters. Keeping consistent powder drops is much more important (try to keep to no more than .1grain variance. Otherwise Load and go.

Reactions: Xcount