• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

77 TMK + XBR + varying brass testing…

ZA206

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2014
So one of the best loads I’ve developed is the 77 TMK with XBR in Winchester brass. I found this particular load shortly after I built my Bartlein barreled precision AR. Over time, I’ve refined it, and also worked it up for LC brass. The loading in LC brass is my standard HD load and the one I zero all my 223/5.56 rifles to. It shoots great in every rifle, and my 16” Proof AR shoots it in just as small of groups as the Bart.

I also seem to have a good amount of PMC and PPU brass that I never seem to have a good use for, so I decided to see if I could rework it for the TMK+XBR combo.

So I weighed some of my brass, which was all wet tumbled, resized, trimmed, chamfered, deburred, flash holes uniformed and primer pockets cleaned & crimps cut out. Average weights were as follows (weighed on my AD FX120i):
LC- 92.0
Winchester 223 - 92.9
PMC - 92.4
PPU - 94.9

My LC load is 23.8 gr, and the Winchester load is 23.7 gr. I tried the following charges… very happy with the PMC 23.8, as it’s right there with the LC loading… which makes sense as the brass weight is very close to LC.

I think the PPU just has too little case capacity and it’s doesn’t quite work in this 5.56 pressure range.

Anyway, fun little experiment. Don’t let anyone tell you the 77 TMK can’t shoot tiny groups! (Targets shot at 100 yards)

IMG_3073.jpeg

Shooting range on Sunday!! (Yes, out of the bed of my truck)

IMG_3069.jpeg