• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm-08 LR-308 barrel ?????

DIESEL758

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2010
texas, san antonio
Can somebody point me in the right direction to finding a 7mm-08 barrel for my AR build???? I am looking for a 24" rifle length bull barrel. I have searched but can't find what I want.

Thanks

I went through some of this same dilemma as I think an AR in 7mm-08 would be an excellent hunting rig. However, I was on a quest to build a lightweight precision gun and thus I ordered an 18" carbon fiber wrapped bbl from Proof Research. I am hoping I get it in the next month or so. It was not the cheapest but I was trying to get a lightweight and rigid barrel.

I am glad to see another 7mm-08 builder. Please keep us posted on what you find.

I was doing this build in a 6.5 creedmoor but of course no barrels for that. I came across the 7mm-08 and did a little research only to find I can't find any barrels in that either. Tactical ammunition has them but only in a 20".