• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm-08 w/ 185s?

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
I know these bullets are likely too heavy due to the limited case capacity, but would the Nosler RDF 185's be worth trying in a 26" 7mm-08? Hodgdon's data stops with 175s, so reloading data is very limited...any chance H-100v would get MV to 2500fps out of an AICS magazine?

I dont know the answers to your particular question but my first question would be: is this an existing rifle or a new one and if existing, do you have the twist rate for them?

I know these bullets are likely too heavy due to the limited case capacity, but would the Nosler RDF 185's be worth trying in a 26" 7mm-08? Hodgdon's data stops with 175s, so reloading data is very limited...any chance H-100v would get MV to 2500fps out of an AICS magazine?
Yes, they work. My 7mm-08 is a 1-8" twist.

Added: I use 44.1 gr. of RE-19

Mine is an 8.7 twist....what velocity are you getting with RL19?

I picked a few hundred, going to try them in Lapua brass with H100V, 4000MR, and Ramshot Hunter.