• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

newby

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2008
Rep of Ireland
Hey lads,
Anyone shooting 7mm-08, anyone reloading it? whats your setup? rifle/glass? Opinions?

(i tried finding stuff on it using the search function couldnt find anything)

Re: 7mm-08

I have a stock rem 700. I don't remember all of the numbers and letters of the model, but it has a synthetic stock, stainless steel, fluted 22" barrel with a light varmit contour. Since I just wrote that out I think LVSF is what it is. I have a Leupold compact 3-9 on it. Replaced the factory stock with a H S Precision

I've hunted with it for a while now using 140 sgk's and Varget, and I have never not killed what I was shooting at. Nice mild round. Longest measured shot was 245 yds on antelope and they were DRT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">L=laminated
V=varmint
S=stainless
F=fluted </div></div>

L stands for Light on my box...however, I remember being tongue twisted trying to order the thing and wondering if I'd get a laminated stock version.

i stated in my post in the rifles section, that i had posted it here also, why post twice, because i wnated two different points of view

There is a certain top shelf smith and comp shooter in the MO area that has shot the 7-08 for a while. If I'm not mistaken, he uses the 175 SMK for everything from chucks to buffs.