• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm 162 A-max sensetive to jump?

RidgeRebel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2009
Hurricane, UT
How sensetive are the 162 A-maxs to jump in your guys experience? I want to use them in a Remington 7mm-08 but it has a long throat. I could not get them close to the lands and still have them fit in the mag. Am I wasting my money to try them with a long throat?
Thanks

Bob

15K off the lans is pretty common for Amax. I run the 162 and jump them and they shoot just fine.

I've had good luck jumping them. They certainly aren't as seating depth sensitive as some bullets. I think a lot may have to due with your particular rifle's throat geometry as well.

I'd give them a try.

My friend's savage with 708 CBI barrel is lights out with 162s jumping over .100"

Thanks guys I will give them a try, if I can find some.

Check midway for "blemished" bullets. I just bought 1000 (the limit) of "blemished match bullets - 162gr polymer tip", which were amaxs.

The fact blems were available leads me to believe they should be available soon. I think blems are usually from machine setup.

Good luck, awesome bullet.

EDIT: I checked for you, they're gone. Another idea though is the Hornady 162gr hpbt "match" bullet. Not identical tothe Amax, but interchangeable from the guns I've tried. Same BC, same velocity, same POI. Good bullet. Powder Valley has them in stock.

Last edited: