• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm 175 sierra matchkings

18Echo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2007
Maricopa Co., AZ
These are listed at a certain store for 8.5 twist barrels or faster. Will they stabilize in a 1:9?

Re: 7mm 175 sierra matchkings

Should be no problem at all 18E. My 7WSM from GAP is set up to shoot 180gr projectiles and it is a 1:9" twist.

We'll see I picked up a box today from Bruno's as well as 2 boxes of berger 180gr match BT's. They didn't have VLD's hope the BT's work fine too. Also picked up 8 pounds of varget.

for 7mmRM whats the powder of choice? Retumbo, H1000, RL-22, etc?

Not sure for the 7mmRM but for the 7WSM RL-22 seems to be the solid choice.

Just to make sure I just pulled out a box of my Berger 180gr VLDs and it says right on the box: "For 1 in 9 twist or faster". Whether or not the Bergers you picked up have the same print on the box as mine you should still be good to go.

Yeah, my Berger BT's say 1 in 9 or faster.

What do you do at SWC? I wore the flaming shit pot for a while....
eek.gif

I'm running 175s in a 1-9 with no problem. I'm pushing them about 2,950 with RL 25.

mine shoot very well at 2850 fps in a 9 twist barrel. they were still stable at 1340 yards in 60* weather but started to tumble at 1460 yards in 25*. if they would have stayed stable with a 8.5 twist at that range, i don't know but i kind of doubt it.

I tried Retumbo, R19, and R22 in my 7RM. Retumbo sucked, 19 good, 22 best. This is with a 162gr. amax. Give what you have a try to see what works best.

I'm about to start the Q course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm about to start the Q course. </div></div>

best of fortunes on your Q course endeavor!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm about to start the Q course. </div></div>

Beware the Jedi mind trick....

I was a guest instructor there in 2002 for phase 1. A little piece of advice to avoid "incoming" is to ensure, especially at night, when you go into a short or long halt that you designate someone to hang back and sweep the area for left behind things... 'cos there always is. I found a full LBE that rotation someone left behind.

Best of luck in the Q, and remember it's only gonna suck for a year or two.

I load a buddy's 7rm with 175's and 22 mine is a 280 ai w 1-8 22 works there too.

Thanks 18E and Ranger for the words and advice. I have a buddy who was an RI down in Florida for a few years. Made it his hobby to go sweep previous patrol bases for gear and he found a ton of knives and other things.

Why the hell would someone have their LBE off in the first place? Dumbasses...