• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm 180gr Berger VLD Unobtanium?

ohiogunnut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2008
Ohio, USA
Any idea where I can find them in stock. I have checked Grafs, Midway, Midsouth, Natchez, and Cabelas with no luck. Any help greatly appreciated as I got a new Remington and need something to feed it!
cry.gif
Thank you!

Curt

Re: 7mm 180gr Berger VLD Unobtanium?

Get the 162 AMAXs, you will be surprised on what they can do against the Bergers.

Was wanting to use this load for both hunting and paper punching. Are the AMAX's as capable a hunting round?

ummmm, I dont know wtf you were looking at on Grafs, but the 180 VLDs are in stock, and I just ordered me some.

http://www.grafs.com/product/225480

go off of the part number, for some reason they are not calling it a VLD but its the VLD for sure.

Thank you! Just ordered 500. Never thought of cross listing part numbers (assumed they would label their bullets right).

no problem, they were out of stock when I checked 2 days ago, so I guess they just came in. Now if they could get some 7WSM brass, I would be a happy camper.

Any advice on where to look for reloder 22 and magnum primers???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ummmm, I dont know wtf you were looking at on Grafs, but the 180 VLDs are in stock, and I just ordered me some.

http://www.grafs.com/product/225480

go off of the part number, for some reason they are not calling it a VLD but its the VLD for sure. </div></div>

Those bullets you bought are NOT VLD bullets those are the standered BT bullets. Just look at bergers sight, they now offer 180gr NON Vld bullets like what you purchased.......

According to the Berger site, the product number of what I ordered are:
7mm 180 Grain Match Target VLD 0.284 180 0.659 9 28405

Hope that is right!

Man you got the wrong ones. Those are the VLDs but they are the new thick jacket. They will shoot exactly the same as the hunting version( That is what Brian Lytiz told me). But he said you need the thin Jacket for the expansion that you are looking for. Sorry Man

The product number is 28405 on both bergers site and grafs site, the thin jacket bullets are now known as the hunting VLD's.

Since I wont be hunting with my 7WSM I have nothing to worry about.

Are the JLK's good for hunting?? They are lights out in my Wissum!

DSCN0036.jpg

Buzzsaw, what load do you use with the JLK's? powder/primer/COAL?

Lock stock and barrel has 7wsm brass. Or they did last week when I got mine.

Cabelas has 7WSM brass in stock also. I hope Brunos does because I just placed an order for some K&M tools and trew in some brass while I was at it to save on shipping.

USMCj, Win brass, of coarse, 62.0 4831sc, Fed 210m, I still have some, I'm not sure the COAL but it was 3.015 to the lands measuring with the Stoney Pt. to the tip, not the ogive. I had them just touching. The Berger 180VLD was 2.980.

Thanks Buzz. Are you single feeding them? what bottom metal do you have on your rifle.

I was going to say check the below links for WSM brass and reloading components:

www.gunstop.com

OR

www.bauerarms.com

You may need to call both to make sure they actually have them in stock..but both are usually sitting on ALOT of stuff regularly...and at good prices too....