• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm 180jlk-need ogive to tip measurement

CCooper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2009
Hoschton, GA
Could someone with some of the 7mm 180 jlk's (swampworks) measure a few of them from the ogive to the tip and reply. I'm about to order some of their 6.5 and 7 bullets, but need to know how much longer (ogive to tip) the 7mm 180 is vs. the 180 berger. I may not be able to magazine the jlk's. Thanks

Re: 7mm 180jlk-need ogive to tip measurement

The last JLK's I saw were so close to the Bregers, you might not be able to tell the difference between them.

Both the JLK and Berger 180s look very similar, but the JLK has a much higher BC than then Berger, anyone know why?

Dont mean to thread jack.

And judging from this pic, it looks like the JLK has the ogive closer to the tip than the Berger.

7mmbullsx300.jpg

o.k. so what's the berger's

Berger 7mm 180VLD .830" base to ogive.

Total length is 1.537"

The JLK's published BC is much higher than the Berger 180's but it's only really different for the Long Boat Tail versions.

The difference between a 180 and 180 LBT in 30 cal is significant IIRC too.

Considering efficiency of moving something through a fluid is dependent on it's aspect ratio I have a feeling that LBT version is going to get some serious inspection quite soon.

Thanks USMCj

Thought others might benifit from this info too.

berger 180vld

.630" from top of boat tail to ogive, 1.338" from top of boat tail to tip of bullet.

1.539" total bullet length tip to bottom