• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm/300 WSM

dragonjr45

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2007
Kansas
Does anyone reload for 7mm/300 WSM? If so, I assume your using a 300 WSM body die and 300 wsm Neck die with a smaller bushing, but what do you use for a seating die?

Re: 7mm/300 WSM

You can seat 7's with a 30 cal seater. I use a seating die from the 300 WSM to seat the 7 Rem SAUM.

You can also use a 22cal seater to seat 6mm's, I use it for my 6mm-223 loading.

Buy a Redding bushing die set for a 300WSM and what ever size bushings that you need for the 7mm and start loading.

Sweet, I was sure that I could use the 7wsm seater since the 300wsm has a shorter body/longer neck/same case length but wasn't sure about the the 300 wsm seater.

My only worry with the 300wsm seater would be the seating stem, it might be of different profile and the 7mm bullet tips might touch on the inside of the 30 cal stem and maybe even deform.

I used the redding competition seating die in 300wsm. GTG. I was able to get .140" of vertical at 300yds using that die. No worries.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only worry with the 300wsm seater would be the seating stem, it might be of different profile and the 7mm bullet tips might touch on the inside of the 30 cal stem and maybe even deform. </div></div>

It doesn't do that on mine.