• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm JLK 180gr VLD, anyone using them in 7WSM?

Re: 7mm JLK 180gr VLD, anyone using them in 7WSM?

I think JeffBird was using them, might try to find and ask him. If it was that he was using, he was doing very well with them.

Thanks for that, it was an interesting!

Ide still like to hear from people that have tried the JLK's

I have loaded 10 rounds with the 180 JLK #28180. 62.0 H4831sc. Very accurate in my LSR 7WSM below. I have 240 left I will use for my next match. I can't remember my oal but I belive I was touching the lands. They look like missles, wicked! I have not shot them enough to compare to the Bergers, which I use now with the same load at 2.955 OAL, touching in my Wissum. They shoot well. The Bergers are great to 1000yrds, I think the JLK's will be equally good. What do they run now (cost?)

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0046.jpg

Very nice stick!!! And thanks for the info.

They run $48 per 125 which is equal to $38 per 100. about the same as Bergers.

Buzz what twist are you using? I'm getting all the parts together now for a 7WSM build now and I was planning on a 1 in 8.5 twist. Is that fast enough for the JLK's and 180 Bergers?

David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg264</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buzz what twist are you using? I'm getting all the parts together now for a 7WSM build now and I was planning on a 1 in 8.5 twist. Is that fast enough for the JLK's and 180 Bergers?

David </div></div>

When I was ordering my Rock barrel, they said that a 1 in 8.7 was what I needed.

It's a 1-9 twist Broughton barrel. The 162 Amaxs have really been the most accurate (they are really underestimated) and cheap.. But the VLD's hardly stray at all.

Trigger Time, thanks for the props on my rifle, she shoots WAY BETTER than me. Now if I could shoot like you, it would be time for everyone to worry. You wore #17 out last Saturday!! Way to go Mr. .243!!

Lost the house and the pool in the divorce but kept all my toys!

I checked with Swampy and your prices are correct. That's about $4.00 cheaper than Bergers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a 1-9 twist Broughton barrel. The 162 Amaxs have really been the most accurate (they are really underestimated) and cheap.. But the VLD's hardly stray at all.

Trigger Time, thanks for the props on my rifle, she shoots WAY BETTER than me. Now if I could shoot like you, it would be time for everyone to worry. You wore #17 out last Saturday!! Way to go Mr. .243!!

Lost the house and the pool in the divorce but kept all my toys!

I checked with Swampy and your prices are correct. That's about $4.00 cheaper than Bergers. </div></div>

Your right man, My new rock barrel is shooting AMAX better then VLDs right now out to 300yrds. I need to get my ass out there to extend the range.

A 1-9, will work just as well, your GTG, w/either of the 3.

By the way, after 68 rounds last Saturday without cleaning, I came home, filled the barrel with Wipeout Foaming Bore Cleaner, let it sit all night, ran a wet patch through it Sunday morning, all the yuck came out including ALL the copper. This Broughton cleans up SO easy, even at breakin, it took about 6 shots, no copper. I use the Isso blue nylon brushes.

I would love to run a Hawkeye bore scope down the barrel to see if it is as clean as I think, but after the first patch, no more blue.

I had a 1-11 on my Rock .308 GAP. If I remember it cleaned up good too. Here it is, I sold it to fund my Wizzum

DSC01748.jpg
DSC01751.jpg

DSC01746.jpg

Sorry Jeff, I knew it was some bad ass little pill. I watched you drive the hell out of them at last years TacPro sniper match. You going again this year? Thanks again for the use of the bipod.
Buzz thanks, and sorry to hear about the D, been there done that and it aint no fun!

Will miss this year due to scheduling conflicts. Back next year though for sure. Welcome for the use of the bipod.

Buzz, try the heavier bullets with 66.0 - 66.5 of MagPro and a F210M.