• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm mag 175gr SMK- how much jump

Batt61

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2008
Tehachapi, CA
Starting to work on some loads for a 7mm Win Mag using 175gr SMK and was looking for a good place to start on how far off the lands to load.
The rifle:
Robar SR90
24" 1-9" twist
McM A3
Looked in the reloading depot and could not find many loads for 175 smk that gave distance off lands.
Thanks for the help.

Re: 7mm mag 175gr SMK- how much jump

Mine are jumping .020 in a 7mm Rem Mag, which ends up being 3.380 OAL. With 65.5 gr of RL25 I'm getting a little over 2,900 fps.

I've noticed with mine that this bullet is very forgiving and likes a jump. I would start at 5 thou off and work back to see what your rifle likes. When my rifle was new it really liked them 12 thou off. However, since then my throat has eroded a good bit and it's still shooting great with the same seating depth.

Thanks for the input. I'll be loading some up this weekend. How fast are you guys running the 175's?

When mine was new, I was pushing them just a tad over 3000fps. Now with the throat a bit longer, they are averaging around 2950.