• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm Rem Mag & 195 Bergers

T3N Rural

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2018
Australia
G’day all, I’m new here so forgive me if this has been gone over already, but I’m looking for load data for 195 grain Bergers in my 7mm Rem Mag. All my loading manuals only go up to 180 grain projectiles so I’m looking for a safe starting load to do some testing with the 195’s. Thank for any help.

Thanks for that, I believe retumbo is made here in Australia buy ADI and is branded here as ADI2225. I’ll double check that and start some load development.

Hello;
I had Western Precision in Safford AZ extend the chamber I’m my rifle to allow for a new COAL of about 0.25 inches longer to allow the 195 gr to sit out of the case longer. I use 70.6gr of Retumbo with a velocity of 2,950. This is an extremely accurate and hard hitting round. PM if you’d like more info.

Hello;
I had Western Precision in Safford AZ extend the chamber I’m my rifle to allow for a new COAL of about 0.25 inches longer to allow the 195 gr to sit out of the case longer. I use 70.6gr of Retumbo with a velocity of 2,950. This is an extremely accurate and hard hitting round. PM if you’d like more info.
Thanks mate I’d like some info on that, I don’t know how to pm though. I’m at 1000 rounds in the factory barrel so I’m just looking into rebarrelling and would like to shoot the 195 Berger when I do. If I can work up to 2950 with them I’ll be a happy shooter.

Rem 700 28” proof
195 eol
69.5 n570 69.5
Fedgm215m
Rem full worked and weight cases
3005 FPS Es single digets 5 es
Shot a 10” 3 shot group at 1760y

Hope that helps ya, remember start low and work up..