• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm Rem Mag Brass Options? Hornady, Nosler, Norma?

JBM_DC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
OKC, OK
www.facebook.com
Having a hard time coming up with some brass for a while now. Now that my rifle has been finished for a month I am about to call it quits on Nosler brass and just order something else. Does anyone have experience with Hornady brass? I can get it for half the price of Norma and Nosler brass, but wondering how consistent this brass is and how well it can stand up to use over time.

In my experience hornady and nosler are both soft. I am hoping new Winchester is better.

Did you ever find anything? There are some options but I've had a hard time finding any reviews. I've always trusted winchester for good mid priced brass in 308 & 243, sounds like people like it for 300wm. Wonder if that transfers over to 7rm....

gunwerks has norma (I think) listed as once fired but it's backordered. At 30 cents a case that's not a bad deal.

Reviving an older thread. I'm looking at new brass now. I've been shooting Hornady, Norma, and FC. I only have 4 firings through Hornady but it is still going strong. I have one firing through Norma so time will tell. After three firings through FC, the primer pockets are loosening up. (I use 66 gr of H1000 @ 2850 avg fps). I want to reorder Norma but everyone is out of stock. I'm on the fence with Nosler...Not sure I want to order more Hornady.

Yeah, I'm on the fence with the Hornady. I've found where I can get 100 pieces for $55 shipped but I think I'm going to hold out of the Norma. The Nosler is running about $75 shipped for 50 pieces but I hate to shoot so many different brands of brass. I'm holding out for 50 more pieces of Norma when they become available.

I'm also having a hard time finding 8lb jugs of H1000. Everyone is sold out.