• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm rem mag throat erosion

Round count on the barrel?? What load are you running??? A bit more info might help.

My last Bartlin Barrel in 7mm RM gave me about 4500 rounds before I re-barreled.

Andrew

It's a new rifle I was just curious what others are seeing. It is throated such that 180 hybrids are .005 off the lands at 3.555 oal. This puts the boat tail - bearing surface junction at the base of the neck. So I have a little over 50 thousandths or so of room to chase the lands as they erode before I will be single loading. I like the long throat, 71 grains of retumbo with no pressure signs.

I'm not sure I will even need to chase lands as I hope the hybrids won't mind jumping. If they do I could switch to smks, they jump in my 308 several tenths of an inch with no problem hopefully they would do the same here.

I'm not sure I will even need to chase lands as I hope the hybrids won't mind jumping. If they do I could switch to smks, they jump in my 308 several tenths of an inch with no problem hopefully they would do the same here.

KY, I do believe you answered your own question in this statement! Hybrids can withstand a lot of jump. You shoot he hybrid for some time, especially ELR, you'll have a rough time going back to a SMK!

I dont think I would be worried anytime soon.. smks like jump more than bergers though from what I have seen. I run bergers in most of my rifles... but some wont shoot bergers worth a flip and hammer with AMAX bullets..