• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm Rem Mag

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2010
san jose ca
Who's drivin one to a mile? What are you doing to get there. With what thankin about 175 make or 162 amax.
What say the hide?

Re: 7mm Rem Mag

Norma brass, Retumbo, Berger 180 Hybrid
(4000 ft above sea level)

H4831sc and H1000 are good also.
My particular rifle just gets smaller ES/SD with the Retumbo.

With the new Berger 195gr 7mm bullets coming out (soon?), it should get easier to reach out to 1 mile with the 7mm RM.

Have heard that pointing the 180 Berger Hybrids improves the BC by 3% to 5%.

I've shot my 7mag to a mile a few times.

176 grain Cautiricio's(.67BC)/Retumbo at 3040 fps does just fine. Those are the only bullets I've shot out of the rifle.

Badger m2008 la, 1:9 twist mtu contour kreiger, pointed 180 hybrids, retumbo, federal 215m's. Gets me to 1k in 5.8 mils. Should have good dope to a mile on Wedn. Of this week

180 Berger's in a Hornady case with match primers. With 61.8gr of Retumbo driving it at 2861 out of a Gaillard barrel with a 1-9 twist. Get's em out the quite easy with lots left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've shot my 7mag to a mile a few times.

<span style="font-weight: bold">176 grain Cautiricio's</span>(.67BC)/Retumbo at 3040 fps does just fine. Those are the only bullets I've shot out of the rifle. </div></div>

Any more info on these Bullets?