• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm STW

USFCLASSTX

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2009
TX
I haven't seen much on this site about this cartridge.

Why don't I see it used more?

I figure that a 7mm bullet going fast seems to work in this sport. Is it just a barrel burner or what?

Re: 7mm STW

It is a barrel burner. I'm no expert, but the reason why you might not see it as much is due to the fact that you can really reach out with the 7mm RM and 7mm WSM. The 7mm WSM seems more popular due to the fact that it can fit in a short action, and it's shorter/fatter case length is thought to provide a more consistant ignition. That and the fact that you get more barrel life, and factory ammunition support is easier to find. YMMV.

Yes it is a great hunting caliber. I'm with Diggler though, I think the long action and bbl life do not make it as attractive for PR.

For hunting application my STW is awesome!!!

wheeler you'd be surprised what the 160's will do in them!!!

I have well over a thousand rounds through mine with No accuracy issues. its just a rem 700 re chambered to the stw. I just clean it a lot and dont shoot the brl hot I love this round

BARREL BURNER! If you get a 7mm get the wsm, If you get it in a high quality rifle you will not be dissapointed.

I had one in a stock fluted barrel Sendero, it was a killing machine on Antelope with 168 matchkings. Mike

if you go 7STW, get your own reamer and keep a few good barrels on the shelf. then you'll need a good smith close by.

but they launch good bullets smoking fast. much to like.