• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm WSM - 180gr VLD - R26 starting loads?

zk-315

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2019
Cen. Texas
I've been reloading for my 7mm WSM for a few years now. It wears a 24" 1:8 twist Brux that so far, I've had really good results. I hunt and plink with 180gr Berger VLD, with excellent results.

When I first taught myself to reload, it was with this rifle and was using some RL-22 and was getting some pretty decent speeds (2950), but once the warmer days showed up here in Texas, it was showing some pressure signs.

I switched powders to some 4831-SC, which I found my accuracy node to be fairly slow at 2780...BUT she shoots! I'm really wanting to pick my speeds back up similar to what I was seeing the the RL-22, which lead me to R26 and H1000. H1000 seems impossible to find right now, but I found a 1 pound bottle of R26.

Has anyone loaded 180gr bergers with R26 in a 7WSM? I just can't seem to find any load data on where to start for minimum or max loads with this powder.