• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7prc build

Gledeasy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2012
Nephi, UT U.S.A.
As one who doesn't reload and wanting another rifle to use my suppressor on, I've begun collecting parts for a 7prc hunting rifle.

I have
Zermatt Ti3 long action
Proof sendaro 22"
TriggerTech

As far as stock I will do a M5 inlet. Wanted a gunwerks, but they aren't currently doing orders. Likely going the manners pro hunter route.

I'm leaning towards having a BDL style bottom metal over DBM. I want to know how feeding has been in such setup? Guessing 3 rounds is the max that will fit with a bdl?

I'm asking because a previous rifle in 300wsm required a change in BDL to dbm to feed reliably. Want to get it right from the get go.

Last question is with the m5 mini chassis. Does it create any hurdles as far as overall length with this or any other LA cartridges?

Thanks

Reactions: Genin
Hey there. I am also building a 7prc on an origin action (left-handed however), with a proof 24” barrel, and a trigger tech trigger lol. I paid a couple of weeks ago for my Manners Stock which will be a lefty EH1-A. I went with their long action mini chassis (not the M5) as I wanted to use a DBM and didn’t want to worry about feeding issues. Sorry I can’t answer your question on the M5 inlet specifically.

What scope are you going with? I went with a Nightforce NX8 for mine. Can’t wait for my stock to come in, so pumped.

Hey there. I am also building a 7prc on an origin action (left-handed however), with a proof 24” barrel, and a trigger tech trigger lol. I paid a couple of weeks ago for my Manners Stock which will be a lefty EH1-A. I went with their long action mini chassis (not the M5) as I wanted to use a DBM and didn’t want to worry about feeding issues. Sorry I can’t answer your question on the M5 inlet specifically.

What scope are you going with? I went with a Nightforce NX8 for mine. Can’t wait for my stock to come in, so pumped.
Thanks. Should be an awesome rifle you have going. The NX8 is a high probability. I currently have 2 in the 4-32 flavor.

As one who doesn't reload and wanting another rifle to use my suppressor on, I've begun collecting parts for a 7prc hunting rifle.

I have
Zermatt Ti3 long action
Proof sendaro 22"
TriggerTech

As far as stock I will do a M5 inlet. Wanted a gunwerks, but they aren't currently doing orders. Likely going the manners pro hunter route.

I'm leaning towards having a BDL style bottom metal over DBM. I want to know how feeding has been in such setup? Guessing 3 rounds is the max that will fit with a bdl?

I'm asking because a previous rifle in 300wsm required a change in BDL to dbm to feed reliably. Want to get it right from the get go.

Last question is with the m5 mini chassis. Does it create any hurdles as far as overall length with this or any other LA cartridges?

Thanks
I’d recommend just getting the Hawkins hunter DBM and running the flush mags. It’s not much more thickness that a BDL and a hell of a lot smaller of a foot print vs an actual magazine.

I too am building a 7prc with a 20” barrel and will be doing an AG composite chalk branch stock and Hawkins hunter DBM with their flush mags.

I’d recommend just getting the Hawkins hunter DBM and running the flush mags. It’s not much more thickness that a BDL and a hell of a lot smaller of a foot print vs an actual magazine.

I too am building a 7prc with a 20” barrel and will be doing an AG composite chalk branch stock and Hawkins hunter DBM with their flush mags.
Just a word of caution on that with Origin Long Actions, the long action hunter mags won’t work. It’s even stated in Hawkins site. Out of curiosity I bought a couple of the hunter mags on sale just to see if they really weren’t compatible, and sure enough it’s true. The mag cannot seat into the origin long actions without filing the rear of the action mag inlet to allow seating. I decided I wasn’t going to do that (although it really would be easy) and just sold the mags.

Just a word of caution on that with Origin Long Actions, the long action hunter mags won’t work. It’s even stated in Hawkins site. Out of curiosity I bought a couple of the hunter mags on sale just to see if they really weren’t compatible, and sure enough it’s true. The mag cannot seat into the origin long actions without filing the rear of the action mag inlet to allow seating. I decided I wasn’t going to do that (although it really would be easy) and just sold the mags.
Gotcha. I haven’t decided on an action yet but was thinking impact. Now I’m definitely going impact lol

Have their short action, hoping the long action will be the same

I have 2 long action impacts. They are just as nice as their short actions

Reactions: Krob95
Manners Pro Hunter, no chassis, a little heavier than expected.
20231215_081833.jpg

Ti-3 Long Action
20231215_082203.jpg

Proof Sendaro 22", ideally would have gone 20" had one been available
20231215_082524.jpg

Omega 36m and ASR brake
20231215_082047.jpg

TT Special, still have not acquired bottom metal
20231215_082744.jpg

Looking like I'll come close to 6 pounds before optics and suppressor.