• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7prc load work up 190 grain Berger LRHT

I have load work up for that powder and bullet in 7-300 PRC, but not specifically 7prc, do you have access to other powders? I ask because it was my least favorite of all the powders I tested.

Reactions: bcrich
I have load work up for that powder and bullet in 7-300 PRC, but not specifically 7prc, do you have access to other powders? I ask because it was my least favorite of all the powders I tested.
Interesting, what is your issue with that powder? Extreme spread too high?

It was higher than some of the others I tested, I didn't see the added velocity claim and in a lot of cases it was slower. More than anything I found it to be dirty. I tried and tried and I really wanted to like it, and in the end I just wasn't satisfied. That's not to say it's "bad" because it isn't. If it's what you have then run it for sure. And it's very possible you might have much better results, I just couldn't make it work for what I was looking for. Also I should note that because I was loading for a wildcat I didn't have much load data to go off of, there might be some posted loads for 7prc that are on the money. I probably dogged it a little too much in my first post.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 5.14.02 PM.png

Reactions: TrevK