• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7WSM DTA at 1930Y

lanwickum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2004
Middle of nowere, MT
31012_10151194158814340_1399465531_n.jpg

My first 5 rnds at 1930 today. The white rectangle is about 13.25" tall. Trying to remeber, I think I was holding about 20.1 mil up and 1.5 mil left in a 3mph wind 9 oclock wind. I was impressed for the first time I had this rifle over 800 yards on a target more than a rock. Not sure on the flier to the left. Probably wasn't watching the wind very close.

Re: 7WSM DTA at 1930Y

I have a 7wsm barrel on the way for my DTA. Curious as to what your load data is? Bullet, powder, sitting length, etc. I presume you are using Winchester brass? Have you tried necked-up or down Norma?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 7wsm barrel on the way for my DTA. Curious as to what your load data is? Bullet, powder, sitting length, etc. I presume you are using Winchester brass? Have you tried necked-up or down Norma? </div></div>

I too am curious, also how is the reliability of feeding from the magazines?

Havn't checked this thread in a while, sorry for the slow response. I was using winchester brass with guessing 5 loads through them. All were trimmed and deburred. Outside necks were trued for thickness. Loaded with winchester magnum primmers and retumbo powder. 70grns of powder and OAL was set for .020" from the lands. muzzle velocity calculates to be 3070fps. I have a couple good chronographs but never have checked the load. I may check it this weekend just because. Bullet was 7mm 180 berger VLD.

Mag feeding is not perfect at all. Common problem with the WSM. I have had 4 7WSMs now and none feed great.

Just ran it over a magnetospeed chrony. Showed about 3050fps. I am fairly sure this is all from the same batch of loads I shoot at 1930 yards.

New member of the 7DTA club and have had mine to 1480yards and I can say it is possibly the easiest rifle I've had to shoot well. Time to see if I can run that far....

Cheers and Fine shooting