• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7WSM or 7SAUM brass availability

gopherslayer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2008
WI
Which will be around longer? I have a 7WSM sporter coming and I am ditching the barrel for something heavier. Some guidance would be nice as to availability of brass and the quality.

Saum becoming more pupular including brass.. im using 300 norma saum neck down to 7mm not that hard to find and tgey are quality brass.. nosler is getting cheaper now

On the 7 SAUM brass choices:

Remington brass is good to very good, but its flash hole is too damn big. As result, I get pressure earlier than I do with the Nosler stuff, which has a smaller flash hole. The Nosler stuff is very good to excellent, but of course the price is super high.

Both brass options will stack bullets into the same splash at 1000, so its a very impressive cartridge. The Remington flash hole issue, for me, is the only thing different between the two.

I selected 7SAUM over the 7WSM because I thought the cartridge dimensions are a tad better. Like its shoulders and neck length better. The reality is that I'm not sure you can tell the difference in the field.

7wsm if brass availability is most important as you can use 7wsm, 270wsm or 300wsm. It has a little more case capacity as well. Plus if you are already set up for a 7wsm, there isn't enough of a difference to switch to saum.